By: Laurie Heggedal
- There are miles of beautiful beaches (to a girl from North Dakota, that is a miracle in itself).
- Downtown Cahuita has nightly table tennis tournaments (which tourists like myself can pay each player a Yippy chocolate bar to play in).
- The flora and fauna are diversified and unique (especially the howler monkeys, whose loud howls during a thunder storm scare you under your bed sheets).
- It is the home of Calypso Limonense music (which then prompted me to buy several calypsonion songs on iTunes).
- The long weekend in Limon, spent learning the culture and relaxing on the beach, allowed me to procrastinate studying for my Society and Culture exam. 🙂