By: Jill Salvucci
This year housing was an actual nightmare. It made me miss the days where all I had to
worry about was setting up my tent and laying out my sleeping bag and calling it a night.
However, that is not the case at Elon so you have to be ready. Here are some things to expect when signing up for housing:
1. Have about 7 backup plans: You never know what is going to happen, whether it’s your
roommate backing out on you, the system crashes, or your first second and third choices
for housing are unavailable.
2. Be patient: Your entire class is trying to sign up at once, the system is going to be slow
just accept it.
3. If something does not go your way do not be mean about it: There is only so much
residence life can do, they are just as stressed out as you are! Give them a break if things
are unfair then they will make them fair just be nice about it.
4. Don’t call your parents for help: I called my mom and she was just as clueless as I was.
Your Mom and Dad really are not any help in this process so just rule them out as your
go to helpers for the moment.
5. Lastly, don’t brag: If you get your first choice and someone else did just say what you got
for housing and move on. No need to make people feel bad or frustrated by posting it all
over your social media. It’s a stressful time no don’t make it worse for people.
Follow these steps and housing might be somewhat ok for you. Chances are by the time housingcomes around next year all the kinks will be worked out. If not I wish all the best of luck to you!!