By: Annie Gordon
- Don’t let winter term phase you – it’s not what Elon is actually like.
- Freshman year is hard and you’ll call your mom more than you thought.
- Speaking from experience, don’t wear a lanyard around your neck. It’s a freshman faux pas.
- Do not underestimate how windy North Carolina is. Bring your puffy from NOLS. And a wind jacket. And a facemask.
- Hang out with your fellow gappers but don’t let them become a social safety blanket.
- It can be a rude awakening to be living with new people who don’t approach conflict and setting boundaries that same way you learned to during Gap.
- Avoid the second floor girls’ bathroom in Alamance at all costs.
- It won’t come together all once – give it around 7-8 weeks.
- Those 7-8 weeks and the weeks to come will go by faster than you could ever imagine.
- Give yourself credit for the things that are going well.